If you live in a rainy area like Florida or Washington, you need to protect your vehicle from the torrential downpours. Did you know that rain is a bit acidic? It also causes dirt and pollen to coat your vehicle and create a pattern you never wanted. And, when it dries, you’re left with nothing but a finish ruined with stains and water spots. Mobile Detailing Pros is here to help! Our expert detailers at Mobile Detailing Pros Orlando and Mobile Detailing Pros Seattle have put together a list of tips to help you keep this damage from happening.
1) Protecting Your Exterior Paint and Finish
The absolute best way to protect your vehicle’s paint and finish is to have a protective film installed, but this is done when the vehicle is new. If this isn’t an option, you’ll want to follow these steps after it rains:
- Rinse your vehicle off completely with a hose and let it dry. If you really want to protect it, wash it fully with a cleaning solution rather than just rinsing it with a hose, though hosing it down is typically adequate.
- Apply your preferred wax or ask the experts at Mobile Detailing Pros for a recommendation. Wax helps to protect your finish from all sorts of damages. While any type of sealant will do, we recommend a high-quality wax.
2) Protecting the Interior and Electronics
Make sure your vehicle is properly sealed so no water can get in and cause damage. You can check the seal by examining the rubber piece where the car door meets the roof. Ensure there’s no cracks or damages there. If there’s an issue or you can’t tell, take it in to your mechanic.
3) Protecting Your Visibility
Regularly checking your wipers and lights is an important part of vehicle safety. When it comes to driving in the rain, your wipers and your lights are a crucial part of your visibility. Check these regularly and keep your lights and windshield clean. Call Mobile Detailing Pros and get your vehicle detailed the second it becomes difficult to remove debris from your windows, windshields, or lights; you don’t want your visibility to be compromised.
4) Keep Your Car Covered
The absolute best way to keep your car safe from the hazards of the elements is to keep it covered when parked. This can be done by purchasing a fabric car cover or strategically placing tarps and weighing them down if you don’t have access to a garage or carport.
5) Have Your Car Professionally Detailed Regularly
An important part of car maintenance is having your vehicle detailed regularly. This is all the more important if you live in an area with extreme weather conditions like high temperatures, heavy rains, frequent storms, etc. Mobile Detailing Pros can conveniently detail your vehicle for you wherever you are for a reasonable price; they’ll come to you!
If you live in a particularly rainy area, take care to protect your car from water damage. Call Mobile Detailing Pros today and have your car detailed monthly. Follow these five simple steps and you’ll be well on your way to preventing the damages from ever occurring.